An end of season summary!

The end of the season is finally here! And what a year it has been for our club. As well as both senior sides, the under 12’s Yellow reaching the Finals of their respective cup competition. We came away with not winning any of the finals but it’s quite a achievement to have three teams representing the club in the finals.

The senior first team once again came close to winning the league but with some unexplainable result against the bottom of table teams once again had to settle for second place. In the Final of the Sport Council cup after being on top most of the game, they unfortunately lost after the sending off of defender Issa mogra.

There was a mass improvement in the form of the reserves.  As well reaching the final of the Cotton Cup, they produced some memorable results and performances to finish mid table.

The under 13’s as ever held their own in a very competitive and tough division and managed a respectable mid table finish.

The Under 12’s Yellow have certainly been flying the flag for us this season. Not only did they reach the cup final but were league winners in a fiercely competitive division. After a fantastic start to the season, they had a mid-season dip in form which put their chances of winning the league in doubt, but an incredible finish to the season, including a final thrilling league match they needed to win against Darwen Rangers. Trailing 3-0, they fought back to win 6-4.

Not far behind were under 12’s green Green, who also had a chance to win the league or finish runner up but an anti climax end to the season meant they finished in third place.

The U11’s Red also had a brilliant success in their league, finishing 2nd. A fantastic achievement considering the poor start they had to the season. They led the table till the final week of the season.

The 11’s Green had a up and down sort of season, starting very positively but with not having a regular squad of players every week, somehow lost their way and finished well below their capabilities.

Now some six months on we have some 35 children regularly attending our new under 8’s Academy, meaning we have teams ready for next season , they will be split up to make our Under 7’s, Under 8’s. We will also have a Under 9’s & 10’s teams to ensure the future of our club.

Congratulations to everybody associated with the club for what has been an unbelievable year!

Week 12/4/14

It’s been one of the finest couple of weeks in the history of the club. As well as the Senior Reserves reaching the Final of the Cotton Cup, the Senior side are also in the Final of the Sports Cup.

The reserves were 2-0 down but the ‘never to give up’ attitude they have shown in recent matches was once again in evident as they won 3-2 against Division 1 champions Ivy Reserve.

Meanwhile the seniors had a more comfortable win against AlexandraHotel, winning 2-0. They now meet Hole th wall in the final, while the Reserve face AlexandraHotel.

After weeks of waiting the Under 12’s division was finally decided on April 13th. The Under 12’s Green have played brilliantly all season ,with 100{2c1be570903e4f3ce97400b0cfb81f0c5032c547885624ffa0ddc2e273bab420} commitment but having not played for a few weeks , the final showdown match v Lammack proved just a bit too much for them as they lost 3-1. A spirit performance but they will now have to play a play off match against Lango for second place. Whatever the outcome well done to the Management team and all the players.

On the brighter side this result meant the 12’s Yellow win the Championship. And a possibility of cup & league double. Congratulations to all the management team & players, who after a sticky patch in the middle of season, came back strong and fully deserve to finish as champions,

Some more great news! It just keeps coming! Under 11s Red have a chance to be Champions if the result of the last league match to be played go their way.  Runners up spot is guaranteed. Something un thinkable at beginning of season, and a lot of the credit goes to the management team , for believing in the players and of course the Players for being efficient and taking on board what was taught to them.

The under 13’s finished the season with a defeat but can be proud of finishing in the top four in what was a very tough division. Well done to the whole team for sticking together.

WEEK 29/3/14

Congratulation to Under 12’s Yellow for reaching the Under 12’s  Trophy Final. In the Semi Final they defeated a well organised Lammack Blue side 4-2 with a outstanding team performance and a masterly display from Mohammed Ayub. After some below par performances, he is back to his best.

They will play Blackburn Eagles in the Final, date to be confirmed.

In the only other fixture to be played the seniors won  3-1 against Clifton.  The result  mean they  are guaranteed  second place.

WEEK 22/3/14

If Only!!!  The top of the table would look totally different if only the senior side had played last few games; half as well as they did against Rishton this week. It must be one of their best performance for some time as they came from behind to win 3-1.It was a magnificent team performance ,with  Arslan outstanding up front ,causing all sorts of problems.

The under 11’s Greens last league match of the season against Rossendale Valley Wasps  ended on a rather sad note as during the warm their  manager Shiraz broke his wrist and had to be taken to hospital. We wish him a speedy recovery.

The match ended in a narrow 2-1 defeat for the Greens against the champions of the division. A good performance to end a season of mixed fortunes for the boys.

Under 13’s  penultimate match ended in a 3-1 defeat against Fulledge Colts Red ,who are  only a few games away from becoming the champions of the division. A good performance from the reds against a very accomplish side.

WEEK 15/3/14

What a fantastic performance from the Reserves as they came back from 2-0 to win 3-2 against the Division one leaders in the Semi final of the Birtwistle Cup. A  brilliant , Beckam like goal, scored from the half way line by Almaan set them on their way and a well deserved final against Alexandra Hotel to be played at Darwen FC  Anchor ground.

The seniors have truly lost their way and now the championship looks well out of reach as they lost 3-0 against Blackburn Olympic. Need to pick them self up for the Semi final of the cup if they are to win anything this season.

It was cup games for all the junior sides and only the Under 12’s Yellow came away with a victory. All the matches were close with The 11’s red going out on penalties and both the 12’s Green and 13’s loosing by the odd goal.

Week 8/3/14

Its looking like the Seniors will have to rely on Rishton dropping points and also beating them, after another disappointing result against Fielding Arms.Not a good weekend all round for  both senior  sides as the Reserves lost 6-4 against lowly Blackburn Eagles in the Cotton Cup.

A real tussle for the top spot  in the Under 12’s Division between the Green & Yellow team. It will go to the last game of the season ,after a unlikely defeat for the Green  against Rossendale United.

Meanwhile the U12 yellow  – kept the  league championship hopes alive with a fantastic  Win against Darwen rangers. Losing 3-0 at half time and 4-2 down with 10min left, showed great character to win 6-4. What a way to end a season.  Best of luck to both teams, you are all winners.

The U11 reds keep their top spot with a clear away win against Clitheroe wolves. Need other teams to drop points but  Definate to finish third. A fabulous end to a season from a team who have improved with each match.

Under 11’s Green finished their league fixtures with an oustanding perfomance. Some reward for their hard work to get back to winning ways. Some fantastic goals and a team display that had deserted them last few weeks.

WK 15/2/14

The Under 11’s Red were the only lucky ones to play this week  and took the chance to head the Yellow Division by beating Bacup Juniors 2-1. What a massive improvement from last year and all the guys deserve the highest praise possible.Well done to all.


WK 8/2/14

Only the seniors matches survived the atrocious weather  and even they were played under artic condition. The Senior side easily overcame a resilent Vauxall Inn 2-0 and remain top. The reserve lost to Div 2 leaders Clayton Park 6-1.

It was back to normal service for the senior side as they beat Rishton 2-1 in the sports council cup to move in to the quarter finals.The Reserve will have to wait for a verdict from the league for their match against Rishton Reserve was abaonded due to violent behaviour. It was one their best performances as they came from 2-0 to make it 3–3 and in the last minute of the match were awarded a penalty but denied the winner by having the game abandoned.

    In the junior matches , the outstanding performance was by the under 11’s Red team as they beat top of the table Pendal Forest  3-0. Could be the result that sees them challenge for the Division championship. The Under 11’s Green are going throgh a rough ride at present but will bounce back once all their players are back in action.Just need to get their confidence back.

In the under 12’s Division it was as you were before the break as the Yellow team were 7-2 winners against AFC  Darwen and are two points clear of the Green team who  won 4-1 against Darwen Rangers Lads  but have two games in hand.

Fulledge Colts Blue 4 v 1 Blackburn United Under 11’s Greens                     8/12/13

The December fixtures started with an away day to Burnley for a game with Fulledge Colts Blue, it was a nice morning for a game of football and the boys were looking forward to making amends for the defeat in the corresponding fixture earlier in the season.

The game started with both teams fairly even, both teams pressing to gain advantage; BBU soon fell behind to a goal from a defensive error. It was early in the game and were encouraged by the manger not to let their heads drop and keep going as they started. As the game progressed BBU grew stronger in confidence, the team passed the ball around making good progress up the pitch. The team made several attempts at the opposite goal to no avail. Fulledge were equally adventurous and played some good football also, their position in the league was showing on the pitch, moving with pace and strength. Fulledge soon doubled their lead, again more so from the slack play from BBU but this unlike other weeks encouraged BBU to work harder.

BBU got a goal back from who else, Leon, after being hampered by the divots in the pitch he scored a goal from the edge of the box following an excellent four pass move. The move started with a pass from Adam Dhaya to M Ali in the midfield, who then made a short pass to Moh’d Zain, he played a perfect ball to Leon for him to take a shot as only he does to half the deficit. The passing in the BBU team on Sunday was a pleasure to watch, the opposite manager was heard telling his players ‘some of these moves can be from a premiership game.’ The goalkeepers both Adam and Sahil made several saves to keep the team in the game, both showing a lot of courage and determination.

The game finished 4-1, although the score line does not reflect the performance of the team, this may have been the best performance of the season as far as passing and energy given by each of the boys. Ahmad Valli had his best game of the season on the right wing, making some excellent runs with strong challenges to go with that, his crossing in the box was only equalled by some good defensive work from the opposite team and some luck.

Finally, the opposite manager after the game had a brief chat with the boys acknowledging their performance and complimenting the team’s ability to play. He told them his team hadn’t won a game in previous 3 seasons in that league and only this year has it all come together, his tip was not to give up and keep trying because he felt we had what it takes.

MoM – Ahmad Valli



Week 23/11/13

A very good week end for our teams, with the exception of the under 12’s Yellow losing to under 12’S Green. Very hard to summaries this sort of  match  when  both of your teams are playing each other but the match was played with lot of passion and some exciting football. The Green team shaded with a robust display and go 2 points clear at the top but Yellow’s have a game in hand.

  • 1st Team  maintain their unbeaten start to the season beating Hole ith Wall 2-0 in the  top of the league clash and remain top four points clear.
  • The Reserve come back from being goal down to win 2-1 against The Lion.
  • Under 13’s were away to Rossendale United and won 5-2.
  • Under 11’s Red could have got lot more goals but were comfortable 3-1 winners against Lango.
  • It was a rest week for the Under 11’s Green.


Blackburn United FC U12’s Green v Blackburn United FC U12’s Yellow    24th November 2013

On paper this was a mouth watering affair, a game between two of the best teams within the league.  Not much separates the two at the summit of the league table and many have described this as a potential title decider or certainly a potential turning point in the division.  Both teams also came in to the game with impressive results, so the ambitions and confidence was sky high.

It was an eagerly anticipated game and clearly the parents and fans didn’t want to miss this as they arrived in numbers from both sides.  All members of the Blackburn United FC board were in attendance and so they should be as this is a generation of youth that has much hope for the future of this Football Club, this is a credit to both management teams.

Both Captains joined at the beginning of the game to shake hands, take the toss with the referee and pictures.  As the game started and played out for the first 10 minutes, it was a very cagey opening.  Both teams clearly not wanting to lose and defensively both teams were very tight.  Both centre half’s doing their job relatively well and ensuring that no mistakes were made.

As the game progressed, it was the Under 12’s Green Team sponsored by Park Computers that began to gain the upper hand.  Some very intelligent play from Salman Ali who was instrumental in breaking up play and breaking forward with his pace to create chances.  The defence of the U12’s Yellow team sponsored by 4Court Pharmacy stood strong with Zain Ahmed leading the defensive line together with Zain Hussain (The two Zain’s).

Going in to half time, it was evident that there was still plenty to play for.  If the previous games played by the U12’s Yellow team was anything to go by, we were in for a stormer.  This game was certainly not over.

It was then shortly after that the sustained pressure paid dividends with a goal from Owais Badr 1-0 to the U12’s Green.

As the second half started, the U12’s Yellow team through the efforts of Ismail Patel and Mohammed Umar continued to push for an equaliser, however struggled to really penetrate and create any clear chances.  The work effort of M T Ali made it extremely difficult for the U12’s Yellow team to really get a foothold in the game.  This was the deciding factor, the U12’s Green team were hungrier and more competitive.

It was this that allowed them to go 2-0 up with a wonderful volley from a corner from Mohammed Patel (Park).  The sheer delight on his and his team mates faces showed how much this meant to them and certainly a well deserved goal.

With the remaining 10 minutes in the game, the U12’s Yellow team began to play and dominated possession and played some very fluent football.  Some wonderful movement from Mohammed Ayub who began to drop deeper to collect the ball.  However, this sustained pressure was probably 10 minutes too late and the defensive displays from the Loonat twins with Saifullah Sidat (Captain) allowed them to see the game out.

2-0 it ended, a thoroughly deserved victory by the U12’s Green Team and one that they certainly enjoyed.  Unfortunately, the U12’s Yellow team although played very well in the last 10 minutes of the game, probably left it too late.

On the whole this was an extremely proud day for Blackburn United FC with some fantastic prospects for the future beginning to really realise their potential.



U11’s Yellow  Division

Whalley Juniors 2  V 2   Blackburn Utd Red        17/11/13

                               Umar Patel, Adil Patel

It was the first time the two teams had met. Both teams were going in to the game on the back of impressive 7-2 and 3-1 victories, respectively. The conditions seemed perfect with the home team boasting a big crowd of spectators and support.

One thing that has been apparent this season in the yellow league is that it has been highly competitive and unpredictable – with the more consistent teams near the top.

Going in to the game BUFC were missing their talisman Uzair Mulla who scored a hat trick In their last game and were missing 2/3 other squad members. However, it was a welcome return for another talisman- Adil Patel, recovering from illness.

Nevertheless, to compensate, BUFC boasted the best defensive record in the league and it was clear during the first 10mins that they were looking solid, aggressive and compact at the back with the majority of the play in the midfield areas. Particularly, the ever improving Mohammed Dhorat – showing great tenacity and composure in the middle of the park.

Despite an element of control, a suspected back pass from the defence almost gave Whalley Juniors an early breakthrough, but the keeper showed great agility to run back facing the goal and parry it away to safety!

The football was quick but scrappy from both teams, yet it was BUFC that were forcing the early initiative mainly down the wings. This pressure led to the first BUFC goal. Umar Patel capitalising on a mistake by the Whalley keeper – volleying neatly into the goal from 6yds out. (0-1)

Almost soon after, BUFC were given a further incentive when M.Moosa was fouled in the Whalley box. Up stepped striker M.Saad and disappointedly dispatched the penalty to the left, bringing out a smart save from the keeper -redeeming his earlier mistake for the first goal.

The first half petered out with the home team failing to register a single shot on target and BUFC clearly disappointed they only had 1 goal to show for their efforts.

The second half was much the same as the first during the early parts. Though it was clear that Whalley Juniors were prepared to throw bodies forward in search of an equaliser resulting in their first shot on goal.

In truth BUFC looked comfortable, but before you know it, 10 mins in to the game, a mix up between the BUFC defence and keeper led to the ball looping agonisingly in to the goal- via a deflected cross. (1-1)

The goal seemed to switch off the air of authority BUFC were showing defensively and within a few minutes found themselves a goal down! (2-1) another mistake from the defence -blamed on the lack of communication between the keeper and regular right back Ammar Patel.

Perhaps the deficit seemed to wake up BUFC from their slumber and rekindle their fighting spirit of old. In response, M.Moosa showing quick feet and skill on the left- glancing the ball across goal and the returning Adil Patel side footing it home on the half volley darting in!! Great Spirit!

There was still time for both teams to push for the winner and it almost came via a flurry of corners for BUFC and a goal mouth scramble. But Whalley defended resolutely to hold on till the final whistle.

In the end both teams had to settle for a share of the spoils. The result did flatter the hosts slightly. On another day, BUFC could have had a hatful if they had been more clinical. However, on reflection -a draw was probably a fair result all round!

M.O.M: Mohammed Dhorat.


Under 11’s Green Division

                                  BBU U11G  4 v 0 Gt Harwood                                        17.11.13

Today was the beginning of the second half of the season. Having had a few unexpected results the team was keen to turn the results around.

The boys started fast and strong, getting an early goal helped to put them at ease. First goal came through an own goal with Fadil Khan pressuring the great Harwood defender into scoring an OG.

The team controlled the game in large chunks with Great Harwood being constantly pressed into defence, the team closed down all attacks and the defensive display was as sure as it has been all season. Musa had a particularly good game not only defensively but also with his passes in the channels.

The teams second goal come through the top scorer Leon, he broke away from the defence and the shot from outside the box swept in the bottom corner.

The Gt. Harwood goal keeper made several saves to keep the margin small. Adam Patel in the BBU nets made a terrific save from a low shot to keep a clean sheet and had a comfortable game.

The third goal soon followed after some intricate play by Adam Dhaya, taking a couple of players on he found the net. Finally, the fourth goal came from a cross from Ahmad valli on the right wing falling at the feet of Leon who did what he does best, find the net.

This was a team performance with the whole team playing a part in the victory; Mohammed Ali played his regular role of battling in the midfield, first to every ball, courageous all over the pitch.

The team can produce winning results if they continue to show the character, the fight and the panache shown on Sunday.

M.O.M – Musa


Rishton Utd Reserves 0 v 1 Blackburn Utd Reserves  16/11/13

Wilson Playing Fields , Clayton LE Moors

Blackburn united reserves secured their 4th win of the campaign from 8 games played.

In a scrappy game, mainly dictated by the pitch, the reserves created clear chances throughout but failed to find the net. One such chance on the hour mark, fell to Zak Chati, who was swiped off his feet as he pulled back to shoot. Arslan put away the resulting penalty.

As they had thought the game, United restricted Rishton to little joy in the final 3rd. Centre backs, Raees and ImranVA dealt admirably with any impending danger, backed up by new midfield signing Rash Rawat.

The 1-0 was a satisfactory result, especially after conceding so late an equaliser last weekend. This time the team contained the opposition and comfortably held out in the end.


Blackburn Eagles 2 v 2 Blackburn United Yellows

10.11.2013 @ Griffin Park

Blackburn United started the game well, opening up the Blackburn Eagles defence on couple of occasions – just lacking the final finish. Early on it was noticeable that the Eagles were setup to play on the break, relying on the big lad up front to chase the ball down.  Half way through the first half, United managed to convert one of their chances, Muhammed Umar (Right Wing) scoring from inside the box when put through by Ismail (Midfield) 0-1.

The Eagles started to come more into the game having couple of chances, which were blocked or cleared by the resolute United defence. One of these chances nearly led to the equaliser, but Maaz (Left Back) made a brilliant last ditch tackle to prevent a goal. At Half time it remained 0-1.

At half time a change was made by United in midfield bringing on Yusuf for Mushfik). The Eagles started brightly in the second half, opening up the United defence couple of times, hitting the crossbar and also striking the post. A change was made by United bringing on Mushfik replacing Hamza Makda (Left Wing). Against the run of play, United scored a second goal Muhammed Ayub (Striker) crossing an excellent ball in from the right wing, which an unmarked Mushfik put away to make it 0-2.

Straight after the restart, the Eagles created a chance which they manage to convert a shot from outside the box which deflected off Zain Hussain (Defence) into the bottom corner of the goal 1-2. Soon it was 2-2 a well taken goal by the Eagles player when put through. The game was now end to end; Muhammed Ayub had a chance to win it for United, going past several players but prevented from getting the winner by an Eagles player clearing the ball off the line.

The game ended 2-2; a good result for United as they could easily lost the game in the 2nd half.  Could not fault the players effort and hard work today.

Man of the Match:         Zain Hussain (Defence)


BBU Reserves Vs Alexandra Hotel

Sports Council Cup- 9 Nov 2

Line up 

Ahmed Sufi

Mohammed Mogra – Imran VA- Raees Mogra – Yasir Gotli

Waqar Ahmed- Almaan Masood- Junaid Hussain- Yasir Rehman (Irish)

                                    Nav Aslam – Usman Khan

 Subs: Tahir Lorgat (90+5), Taiyab Sufi (55), Zafar Mulla (30), M’hmmed Hansrot (60), Ibby Mulla



Having been on the wrong end of a 6-2 scoreline in the previous outing vs Alexandra earlier this season, the BBU Reserves went into this game in determined mood to prove themselves capable of matching their more experienced opponents.

The loss of key midfielders Bilal and Azeem, were offset by the welcome return, after a 3 match absence, of key striker Ussy Khan and former favourite Yasir Gotli at left back. Top scorer Almaan Masood was dropped back from his supporting role into a more conventional midfield four to balance the absences.

As they have all season, the Reserves started with a high tempo, instantly finding gaps in the Alex defence and creating a few decent openings. With the tempo in BBU’s favour for the first twenty minutes, BBU were unlucky not to have anything to show for it.

Unfortunately, as so often happens, the opposition grew in confidence and responded by flooding the midfield. With new personnel in midfield, BBU were getting stretched by the fluent and probing passes made by the opposition. The BBU defence coped with some hairy moments and clearly under pressure, eventually succumbed to a cross to the far post which was headed expertly into the top corner. A valiant effort was made by Ahmed to palm the header over the top corner but the palm wasn’t strong enough to stop it ultimately.


Realising the midfield was being overrun, gaffer Raf and captain Imran, drove home the need to close down the opposition. BBU reponsed immediately, with the second half starting the same way as the first. This time the pressure paid off. An attempted shot by winger Waqar, was handled in the area in the 50th minute. Captain Imran stepped up and dispatched away the resulting penalty with aplomb into the top corner.

Spurred on by the equaliser, the gaffer quickly added stability to the midfield by introducing anchor man Taiyab in place of the more attacking Nav. The results were instant as the dominance of Alex’s midfield was neutralised, and BBU started to show some of the wingplay for which they are becoming re-known.

Chances beckoned and after one mazy run by tricky winger Yaski Irish, the Alex defence were left on their backs. The ball was eventually played square for Almaan to score his 13th goal in 8 games on the 70 minute mark.

BBU stayed disciplined and resolute at the back with Imran and Raees handling the pressure well. However the last kick of the game was to be a corner to Alex. Unfortunately with the whistle about to blow BBU failed to clear the danger and Alex scored a ping pong goal to take the match to extra time.


With fatigued legs from the heavy pitch and a heavy heart from the cruel timing of the equaliser, BBU spurred on by the growing crowd BBU matched Alex through Extra time. Various tired passes and muscle cramping later with the skies darkening, it went to penalties.

Unfortunately on this occasion Alex expertly dispatched all of their penalties and BBU missed two of their 5 to leave Alexandra to go through to the next round.

In an exciting end to end cup game BBU players were understandably disappointed. Ultimately though with a team average age of 21 this will serve as a great experience. There was much to admire for the ample crowd as BBU showed guts, discipline and mettle to play toe to toe with a much more experienced and respected team.

East Lancashire Alliance League Under 11’s Yellow Division

BBUTD REDS 3 v 1 CLITHEROE YELLOWS                                              10/11/13

It was the first meeting of the teams this season, a week after original fixture was postponed.

Before kick off a 1 minute silence was observed impeccably by both teams and spectators.

Both teams set out in similar formations and it was evident that it was going to be a competitive encounter. During early proceedings, we looked particularly solid at the back with some timely interceptions and composed play from our defenders in particular. Once we rode some early pressure from the visitors, we started playing our counter attacking style which has somewhat eluded us this season.

It was from a typical counterattack that we scored our first goal, 10 minute  into the game. We started imposing our authority on our opponents by keeping possession in our transition play from the back and yet were direct in the attacking third. Subsequently, we created several chances to score a second and third, which we eventually did. All three coming from the outstanding Uzair Mulla in the first half. He should have bagged 4! An exquisite shimmy, turn and shot from 20yards out, agonisingly bouncing off the right hand post!

The 2nd half team talk was all about not being complacent and concentration till the end. Lingering were vivid memories of our first game against Clitheroe Blues, when we were 3-0 up with 10mins left and disastrously lost 4-3!!

We understandably wanted to consolidate our 3 goal advantage during the early stages of the 2nd half period and duly made some defensive substitutions to keep it tight.

It was a nervous start from us with Clitheroe willing to push numbers forward to get back in to the game, and their constant pressure led to a few corner kicks and free kicks.  However, at the other end there was an air of vulnerability about them too. We still had the pick of the chances during the early exchanges.  A couple of shots glancing wide of the post and one outstanding save from the keeper.

Yet, it was Clitheroe who scored the next goal from a far post header – inevitably from a corner. Almost soon after they had a valid claim for a handball, and the superb Mohammed Dhorat clearing an almost certain goal away from the line. At the other end we were still creating chances but were not as clinical as in the first half.

We were cautious but did not throw numbers forward in our usual counter attacking style.Significantly we manage to hold the game out, though the opposition tried to throw all they had at us.

We held on for a memorable win and arguably our best performance so far this season against a very good footballing side. The team did us proud! Well done!!

M.O.M: Uzair Mulla





                              Summary of Matches week 2nd  & 3rd November

Only the following games were played due to the weather.
Blackburn Combination
Premier Division
Blackburn United 4 v 0 Wellington Inn – Saturday 2/11/13
Blackburn United seniors recorded their 6 th win from 7 games this season by beating wellington Inn 4-0. it was another masterful display from the team with the goals coming from Minhas Patel, Haroon.
Division 2
Blackburn United Reserves 2 v 5 Clayton Park – Saturday 2/11/13
With number of the regular players missing the Reserves gave a good fighting performance but lost to unbeaten Clayton Park.
East Lancs Alliance League
Under 12’s Green Division
Blackburn United Yellow 4 v 0 Blackburn Eagles
See Below match report.

Under 11’s Green 2 v 5 Blue Stars Colts
The Under 11’s Green had a rare disappointing performance this season and were beaten by Blue Star Colts. They have a chance to put things right as they play them again on Sunday.

Blackburn United Yellows vs Blackburn. Eagles Whites
The game started off in a good spirit, with Eagles off to a good start with them hitting the post early on, but the BU lads quickly got in to their grove and started passing the ball around and began to create chances with Muhammed Ayub hitting an awesome over head kick which was brilliantly saved one handed by the Eagles’s keeper. The game became very competitive with Eagles making some reckless and meaty challenges , resulting in Hamza Makda going off injured , and Muhhamed Umar limping. The score remained 0-0 at end of the first half.
The football in the second half was mainly played in the Eagles’s half. BU’s first goal came from a breathtaking through ball from Ismail, which Muhammed Ayub latched on to and finished in the bottom right corner. The second goal came from a good break from defence, and a good run from Ismail from midfield who set up Muhammed Ayub for his second goal. BU players began to feel more confident after the second gaol and their passing The ball was played more freely from defense to midfield now, with both wingers getting involved more. The third goal was again set up by Ismail this time from the left. The ball was played to Muhammed Ayub, who went pass a couple of players and hit a right footed shot towards the goal which went under the goal keeper. HATRICK for Muhammed Ayub.
The forth goal was made by Ismail as well with a thundering run through midfield and he picked out Muhhamed Ayub, who saw the goal keeper of his line, and he lobbed him, absolutely fantastic goal. In scoring his forth goal Muhammad Ayub was injured, with the goal keeper leaving stud marks on Muhammad Ayubs thigh.

Late on BU missed a penalty which was won by Muhammed Ayub.

Overall the enthusiasm, commitment and the team spirit showed by Blackburn United Players was breathtaking to see at times. The unbeaten run continues with an Excellent win for the Yellows.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.